P.F. Changs, Champps evacuated due to smoke

(Provided Photo/IFD)
(Provided Photo/IFD)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Two restaurants at Circle Centre Mall were evacuated on Wednesday after an overheated motor in a ventilation system pushed smoke into the businesses, according to the Indianapolis Fire Department.

P.F. Changs had a “haze of smoke” near the ceiling, according to IFD. While firefighters were there, smoke was reported in nearby Champps, so it was also evacuated.

Firefighters quickly identified the problem. No injuries were reported.

Mall officials said as of 3:20 p.m., Champps was open again but P.F. Changs remained closed. It wasn’t clear when the restaurant would reopen.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s