Two injured after pile of clothes catches fire

(WISH Photo/DeAndre Taylor)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Two people were sent to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after an apartment fire started on the city’s near north side.

Firefighters were called to the 3700 block of North Meridian Street shortly after 1 p.m. Fire crews at the scene say a pile of clothes caught fire inside of a closet.

An occupant and maintenance worker were affected by smoke while trying to put the fire out. Both were taken to the hospital. Their conditions were not immediately known.

 

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s