30 people evaluated after gas leak at Plainfield warehouse

PLAINFIELD, Ind. (WISH) – About 30 people were evaluated by medical  personnel Friday morning after a gas leak at a warehouse in Plainfield.

Emergency personnel responded to the BrightPoint warehouse, located on Reeves Road, shortly after 9:30 a.m. to the report of a gas odor. Initial reports were that the incident stemmed from carbon monoxide. Authorities say the incident is now being investigated as a gas leak.

According to Brent Anderson, Assistant Fire Chief with the Plainfield Fire Department, about 30 people were checked out at the scene for respiratory issues–five were transported to the hospital. Four of those patients were released from the hospital later Friday.

Anderson said no patients’ injuries were serious or life-threatening.

Fire officials were investigating Friday morning.

Check back with WISHTV.com for updates.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus