PLAINFIELD, Ind. (WISH) – About 30 people were evaluated by medical personnel Friday morning after a gas leak at a warehouse in Plainfield.
Emergency personnel responded to the BrightPoint warehouse, located on Reeves Road, shortly after 9:30 a.m. to the report of a gas odor. Initial reports were that the incident stemmed from carbon monoxide. Authorities say the incident is now being investigated as a gas leak.
According to Brent Anderson, Assistant Fire Chief with the Plainfield Fire Department, about 30 people were checked out at the scene for respiratory issues–five were transported to the hospital. Four of those patients were released from the hospital later Friday.
Anderson said no patients’ injuries were serious or life-threatening.
Fire officials were investigating Friday morning.
Check back with WISHTV.com for updates.