Electrical short blamed for fatal N. Indiana fire

(WISH Photo, file)
(WISH Photo, file)

MILFORD, Ind. (AP) — Investigators say a fire at a northern Indiana auto repair business that killed two people was accidental.

The Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team said Monday that the fire Thursday at Medina’s Body Shop in Milford originated in the ceiling of a work bay and spread throughout the building. It says evidence indicates an electrical malfunction in the wiring supplying power to a ceiling light.

Medical examiners say the two victims died of smoke inhalation. They’ve identified one of the victims as 25-year-old Annalu Nunez. The confirmation of the identity of a man also killed in the fire is pending DNA testing.

Milford is located about 30 miles southeast of South Bend.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s