2 cats killed in northwest side fire

(WISH photo/Kevin Ratermann)
(WISH photo/Kevin Ratermann)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Fire officials say careless smoking is the cause of an early-morning fire that killed two cats.

It started just after 1 a.m. Saturday in the garage of a duplex in the 3200 block of Tansel Road. That’s near Clermont, northwest of Indianapolis.

A neighbor was awoken after she saw a very large fire in her neighbor’s garage.

No one was hurt. Two cats and a dog were rescued from inside the home but two cats died in the fire.

Damage is estimated at$150,000. Some vehicles were damaged in the fire.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s