Scot Bauman, PR, DPT, Franciscan St. Francis Sports Medicine explains the three main foot types. If you aren’t sure whether Neutral, Pronation, Supination best describes your foot there is a simple test! Scot and Indy Style co-host Andi Hauser demonstrate. Plus Scot talks about how often you should replace your running shoes.
• Three main foot types: Neutral, Pronation, Supination
• Replace shoes every 300-500 miles depending on shoe type
• Shoe wear based on foot type: Neutral-stability, Pronation-motion controlled, Supination-shock absorption
• Break shoes in before competition
• Try on new shoes in the evening when your feet are at their largest