The fire was in the Woodfield subdivision on Woodfield Drive. White River Township Fire Department sent nearly all of its units, and Greenwood Fire Department assisted.
The lightning strike was so intense that in addition to catching the house on fire, it caused electrical issues at a house two doors down, said Dale Saucier, chief of training for WRTFD. Firefighters checked out that house as a precaution.
The fire in the home mainly affected the attic, though there was smoke throughout the house. Firefighters had to work through cathedral ceilings to be sure the fire was out.
No one was injured in the fire.