Michelle Shen and Sarae Neidigh are both Students Sycamore School! The school helps mold students into people who are comfortable in their own skin, who think clearly and potently, and who engage the gifts they’ve received with humility and a joyful determination to make the most of their lives. At Sycamore, gifted learners find a home. It is important for our brightest students to have an intellectual peer group, and at Sycamore they find one. If you’d like to learn more about Sycamore School attend their Open House!
Do you have Middle School-age children? Looking for a school that matches them with a peer group, and builds a foundation that will serve them through their college years and last a lifetime? Join us for our upcoming event and experience a little bit of what life is like at Sycamore School.
Sycamore will open the school doors for an “Experience the Middle School” night on April 16, from 5:30 – 7:30pm.
The informal evening will include 30-minute mini-classes in History, Language Arts, Science and Math. We will also have family tours, and our 8th Grade Student Ambassadors and Parent Ambassadors will be here to answer questions during this fun evening of sharing Sycamore. Come by the school, even if it is just to take a quick look. www.sycamoreschool.org
12 signs of a gifted child…Are you a parent of a child who shows some of these traits?
1. Early language development
• Advanced vocabulary and language usage
• Sometimes early reading without formal teaching
2. Excellent memory
• Accurate recall of events and details
3. Persistent curiosity
• Insatiable appetite for learning
4. Rapid learning
• Masters concepts easily and is ready to “move on”
5. Sense of humor
• Sees humor in situations at an early age
• Passionate about areas of interest
7. Long attention span
• Attends to areas of interest for long periods
• Emotionally sensitive
9. Keen skills of observation
• Likes to watch and understand before participating
10. Preference for older playmates
• Chooses to be with older kids or adults
• Likes to do things correctly the first time
• Expects a lot of him/herself
12. Strong sense of morality and justice
• Strives for fairness