Family homeless after 4-year-old starts fire

(WISH Photo, file)
(WISH Photo, file)

MONTICELLO, Ind. (Herald Journal) – Monticello Fire Department say a 4-year-old boy who was playing with a lighter is the cause of a house fire that erupted Tuesday afternoon at 705 N. Railroad St., Monticello.

According to 24-Hour News 8’s news gathering partner, The Monticello Herald Journal, the call came in at approximately 12:14 p.m. Tuesday.

The boy was home with his 17-year-old sister.


 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus