INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Autopsy results released on Saturday confirm this week’s murder-suicide involving two IMPD officers.
The Marion County Coroner’s Office says Officer Kimberlee Carmack died from gunshots to the head and chest. She was killed by her ex-husband, Sergeant Ryan Anders.
Police say the shooting happened inside of Carmack’s northwest side home. Autopsy results confirm Anders died from a self-inflicted gunshot.
Information on funeral arrangements for Carmack and Anders have not been released.
- Two IMPD officers dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Video: Chief Hite news conference on murder-suicide
- Months of domestic issues preceded IMPD murder-suicide
- Tragedy puts domestic violence in the spotlight
- Video: FOP offers help for officers after IMPD murder-suicide
- Docs: Officer Carmack told IMPD of threats in Sept. ’13
- Officer Carmack remembered as dedicated, hardworking