Police investigate Muncie’s 1st homicide of 2014

(WISH Photo/Brett Bensley)
(WISH Photo/Brett Bensley)

MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) – Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man who was found dead in the backyard of his apartment in a Muncie public housing complex, the city’s first homicide of 2014.

The Star Press reports 29-year-old Gary Wayne Barbour Jr. was found dead about 2:50 a.m. Saturday. Delaware County Coroner Scott Hahn said he had been shot multiple times.

Police Lt. Steve Cox says police are still trying to determine what led to the shooting, but said police have identified a person of interest. Barborur was convicted of dealing in cocaine in 2011 and sentenced to eight years in prison. He was released in 2013.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s