INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Authorities announced on Thursday the arrests and indictment of 23 people in a drug trafficking operation in Central Indiana.
U.S. Attorney Joseph H. Hogsett says the operation stretched from the Mars Hill section of Indianapolis to North Vernon, Indiana and other communities in Central Indiana.
16 people have been charged in the main indictment, for participating in the activities of a methamphetamine distribution organization.
Authorities say the following people were charged with conspiracy to distribute 500 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine:
- Donald P. Maggard, 40, of North Vernon, Indiana
- Ashley N. Wright, 27, of North Vernon, Indiana
- Jason L. Howard, a/k/a Jay, 33, of North Vernon, Indiana
- Jason D. Mantooth, 38, of Indianapolis
- Dorothy M. Neeley, 39, of Indianapolis
- Robert J. Holliday, a/k/a Jo Jo, 30, of Indianapolis
- Kimberly A. Ault, 31, of Indianapolis
- David L. Bell, 48, of Seymour, Indiana
- David Eric Chadwell of Osgood, Indiana
- George R. Nichols, a/k/a Rick, 59, of Butlerville, Indiana
- Jessica R. Parsons, 32, of North Vernon, Indiana
Officials say the indictment also charged Marsha D. Fields, 56, of North Vernon, Indiana with maintaining a drug-involved premises and the following people with unlawful use of a communications device:
- Danny W. Maggard, 39, an inmate at the Putnamville Correctional Facility
- Christy N. Walker, 31, of Columbus, Indiana
- Shannon M. Palmer, 36, of Indianapolis
- Faris B. Keener, 31, of McMinville, Tennessee
Hogsett said the indictment of the 16 individuals came after an ongoing investigation that had already netted seven arrests for drug trafficking and firearms violations in the Mars Hill area. Authorities say those previously arrested are:
- Jennifer L. Gaddy, 44, of Indianapolis, charged with three counts of methamphetamine distribution.
- Logan Mediate, 20, of Indianapolis, charged with tampering with a witness, discharge of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence, possession of a short-barreled shotgun in furtherance of a crime of violence, felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of a sawed-off shotgun.
- Jonathan Anderson, 29, of Indianapolis, charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
- Dustin H. Pennington, 31, of Indianapolis, charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
- Dwight L. Holloway, 33, of Indianapolis, charged with possession of heroin with intent to distribute and felon in possession of a firearm.
- Justin Kincaid, 33, of Indianapolis, charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
- Kathleen A. Owens, 29, of Indianapolis, charged with two counts of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
Authorities say those charged with conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine face up to life in federal prison and fines up to $10 million if convicted.