Foodie Fun in Cincinnati USA! Want to get out of town for a night or two? Head over to Cincinnati. It’s only two-hours away and offers tons of fun things to do. Linda Antus, president and CEO of the Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network explains what you won’t want to miss on your next trip to Cincinnati.
Foodie Fun in Cincinnati USA!
- Taste of Cincinnati, May 24-26.
- FREE admission!
- Celebrate Memorial Day Weekend at the nation’s longest-running culinary arts festival that draws nearly 500,000 annual attendees!
- More than 40 local restaurants and food trucks serve up samples of their best dishes along six blocks of Fifth Street downtown.
- Live entertainment all weekend long.
Some notable and NEW restaurants in town include:
- Prime 47 (steak), Sotto (Italian) and Boca (French/Italian) in downtown
- The Eagle Food and Beer Hall (fried chicken), Kaze (sushi) and Salazar (farm-inspired) in Over-the-Rhine
- Dick’s Last Resort at Newport on the Levee
- Other hot spots for dining: The Banks, Over-the-Rhine, Newport on the Levee, MainStrasse Village.
Also while you’re in town…
- Cincinnati Reds
- America’s first professional baseball team!
- Reds vs. St. Louis, May 23-25.
- Fireworks Fridays –Post-game fireworks set to music every Friday home game.
- Kings of the Queen City exhibit at Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
- Features dynamic graphic timeline emphasizing the greatest moments and biggest names in Reds history, plus artifacts that represent Reds history from the late 19th century to present day.
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Second-oldest zoo in the nation.
- Has been ranked one of the top zoos in the country.
- Zoo Babies, through May 31.
- Plus, Safari Train, Conservation Carousel and 4-D Theater.
- Turtle Canyon exhibit.
- Petting opportunities in the Turtle Corral.
- Features 14 species of turtles, spanning three continents, including 84-year-old Bravo, the largest Galapagos tortoise in the Midwest.
- Also home to Mighty Mike, the biggest, baddest alligator in the country outside of Florida, weighing in at 800 pounds and 14 feet long.
- Named one of the Best Aquariums in the U.S. by Travel Channel.