Produce mom’s pick of the week is Romaine! Try this recipe and others at www. Theproducermom.com
Romain lettuce will char slightly but stay fresh and crisp. Yum!
- romaine hearts
- casear dressing
- shredded asiago & Parmesan cheese
- Panko bread crums.
1. Slice romaine heart in half, lengthwise.
2. Using a pasty brush spread dressing liberally over the open-faced side of the Romain heart.
3. Mix together Panko and cheese spread evenly on top of dressing.
4. Lay romaine heart face-dwon on a preheated grill pan or flat top. Allow it to cook for approximately 3 minutes to until the cheese is brown.
5. Transfer the romaine hearts, cut side up to plates and serve.