INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The stands will be empty on Wednesday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but the grounds inside the track will be full for Community Day.
One of the biggest draws of the day is for fans who want to drive the 2.5 mile track in their own car before the professionals do on Sunday.
Photos are available for purchase just after passing the Yard of Bricks.
Another big draw is that fans can meet the Indy 500 drivers for autographs and pictures.
Fans can walk Gasoline Alley, tour Pit Lane and the timing and scoring area in the Pagoda and take pictures in the Winner’s Circle.
For kids especially, Community Day offers a lot to do: face painting, crafts, inflatables and an obstacle course.
Admission includes entry into the IMS Hall of Fame Museum.
American Family Insurance 500 Festival Community Day at IMS:
- Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2014
- Time: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $10 / Children 6 and under: free
Public track laps run from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Enter Gate 10 off 30th Street.
The media pit stop competition is from 12 – 1 p.m. in the Winner’s Circle.
Driver autograph sessions begin at 1:30 p.m. Before that, however, fans need to pick up a wristband.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Autograph Session #1 Wristband Distribution – Pagoda Plaza
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Indy 500 Driver Group #1 Autograph Session
- 2 – 3 p.m. Autograph Session #2 Wristband Distribution – Pagoda Plaza
- 3 – 4 p.m. Indy 500 Driver Group #2 Autograph Session
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Autograph Session #3 Wristband Distribution – MotoGP Garage 36
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Indy 500 Driver Group #3 Autograph Session
Click here for more on Community Day.