INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indianapolis Fire Department released more information about a fire on Tuesday evening.
The fire broke out shortly after 7 p.m. at Graham’s Auto Repair on 21st and Emerson.
Daniel Graham the owner of the shop was working on a fuel tank. A witness said they heard a pop and the fuel vapors caught fire.
The fire spread quickly to Graham’s clothing while he was running out of the building. His employee Anthony Beverly removed Graham’s shirt. They were both able to exit the building.
The fire spread quickly through the building causing $50,000 in damages. An adjoining business received minor fire and smoke damage.
It was not clear how the vapors ignited.
Graham remains in critical condition at Eskenazi Hospital. An updated condition of Beverly was not released, but he was taken to the hospital with minor injuries on Tuesday night.
The fire was ruled as accidental.