The Indianapolis Zoo’s annual fundraiser, Zoobilation, is a only week away, and many people are still actively searching for outfit inspiration for the orangutan-themed event. What will be comfortable, fashionable, or just different? Here are a few tips & inspirations.
Sola Adelowo, Founder & Certified Image Consultant ImageCube, LLC offers up some advice when getting ready for the Indiana’s largest black tie event!
- Consider orange as an accent color in a print, jewelry, shoes, pocket square, or tie. The carpet is orange, thus wearing head to toe orange on an orange carpet will be too much.
- Comfort is key. Keep your outfits summer weather friendly with lightweight fabrics (rayon, polyester-blend, chiffon, lace overlay, silk), and your shoes comfortable for walking around the zoo (wedges, decorative sandals).
- Gentlemen, for a more professional look, wear at least a jacket or vest. For a trendy touch, incorporate color accents in a dress shirt, tie or pocket square to convey your more social and inviting side.
- Ladies, for a more traditional look, wear a lightweight, long or cocktail length dress in any color (except black) to exude an inspirational and approachable presence. For a trendy touch, try a cocktail length dress with beading detail, nautical flair, or orange accents in the fabric.
- Finally, consider having fun with your appearance. Perhaps create your look around a favorite hat, watch, shoes, purse, etc. When you’re having fun you naturally exude confidence!