Melissa Hehmann from Meijer offers easy summer recipes that the kids will love.
Easy Grilled Chicken
• 6 NatureRaised Farms® Thinly Sliced Chicken Breasts
• Marzetti® Olive Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette dressing
1. Preheat open-flame grill to medium.
2. Combine chicken and dressing. Cover, marinate 1 hour in refrigerator, then drain.
3. Grill 6 to 8 minutes on each side over medium heat, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Nutrition Information: 155 calories, 7g fat, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 19g protein
*Note: NatureRaised Farms® Chicken- no antibiotics, 100% Vegetarian fed diet, No added hormones, 100% All Natural, No preservatives, No artificial colors, No fillers, No trans fats, Raised Cage Free
Montreal Grilled Potato Salad
• 2 pounds Green Giant Fresh medium red potatoes, pierced with fork
• 1 medium Real Sweet Vidalia Onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
• 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
• 2 ribs celery
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3/4 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
• 2 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
1. Microwave potatoes on HIGH 7 minutes or until almost tender, turning potatoes over halfway through cooking.
2. Grill potatoes and vegetables over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and brushing with oil. Cool potatoes and vegetables slightly then coarsely chop.
3. Mix mayonnaise and Seasoning in large bowl. Add potatoes and vegetables; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with additional Seasoning, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Information: 90 calories, 3g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Easy Summer Salad
• 4 cups DOLE® Spring Mix salad blend
• 8 oz. leftover grilled chicken, shredded (or shredded rotisserie chicken)
• 8 large Well-Pict® strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
• 4 Tbsp. Marzetti® Light Raspberry Cabernet Vinaigrette dressing
1. Mix salad, chicken, strawberries, grapes and dressing in large bowl. Divide into
Nutritional information: 296 Calories, 12g Fat, 29g Carbohydrate, 2g Fiber, Protein 10g
Source: Produce for Kids
Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon-Yogurt Sauce
1 container Meijer Vanilla Greek 100 Yogurt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 fresh California peaches, cut in half, pitted
1 tablespoons honey
HEAT greased grill to medium-high heat.
MIX Greek yogurt and cinnamon; set aside.
BRUSH cut-sides of peaches with honey. Grill 6 to 8 min. or until softened, turning occasionally.
SERVE topped with cinnamon-yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Information: 100 calories, 0g fat, 22g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Source: Kraft Recipes