IMPD officers save man from apartment fire

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A Pike Township man is lucky to be alive and has Indianapolis police to thank for it.

Two officers noticed smoke coming from the man’s apartment in the Landmark Apartment complex near 79th and Harcourt Road shortly after 4 a.m. on Tuesday.

Police say the man put some food in the microwave, fell asleep and didn’t wake up even after smoke filled his apartment.

Eventually police had to break the door down.

“You hate to hear something like that because it really can happen to anybody,” said Phalen Henry, who lives next door to where the fire took place. “You put some food in the microwave, it’s a late night, doze off and the next thing you know you have people breaking your door down.”

The man suffered smoke inhalation and was brought to the hospital and released.

Management at the apartment complex say he is staying with family in the area.
Landmark Fire Landmark Fire 5 Landmark Fire 4 Landmark Fire 1 Landmark Fire 2 Landmark Fire 3

blog comments powered by Disqus