Jorge Cardenas, Brand Manager, Red Gold says that summer time is grilling time and tomato season. But save your tomatoes for salads and use canned tomatoes in your burger! Why Red Gold Canned tomatoes in a burger?
- FLAVOR – adding flavor petite diced can help bring any plain burger to life. Add diced w/ green chilies for spice or chipotle for that smoky taste. Or try Basil Garlic and Oregano for a more Italian flavor.
- NUTRITION – Red Gold tomatoes are a good source of Vitamin A & C and it has lycopene. Plus its gluten free.
- JUICINESS – the leaner your meat, the dryer it gets when it grills. Adding canned tomatoes help keep your burgers juicy.
- Red Gold has come up with a menu of Tomato Burger based recipes, including one for beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, tuna burger and 2 vegetarian options using Portobello mushroom caps.
- For recipe ideas, visit: www.redgold.com/grilling