Boy’s death consistent with CO poisoning

(File Photo)

SYRACUSE, Ind. (AP) — An autopsy performed on the body of a 12-year-old boy found dead inside his family’s northeastern Indiana home has concluded that his death was consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning.

WANE-TV reports authorities are waiting for toxicology tests to be completed before they make a final determination in the case. The toxicology tests could take weeks to complete.

Two gas-powered generators were running inside the home where Skyler Spore of Syracuse was found dead Saturday.

The boy’s parents and a sibling also were home at the time of his death.

Syracuse is about 30 miles southeast of South Bend. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s