Melissa Hehmann, RD CDE, Meijer Dietitian and Healthy Living Advisor offers up healthy recipes the entire family will love!
Celebrate the 4th of July with great outdoor entertaining recipes from Meijer’s here’s how to get started.
Earth and Turf Burger
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms
- 5 ounces shiitake mushroom caps
- 5 ounces button mushrooms
- Lemon juice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan with high-quality butter, roast the mushroom blend until golden. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Place on a paper towel and cool.
- In a food processor, grind the roasted mushrooms. Use paper towel to blot out any remaining moisture.
- Gently fold the cooked mushroom grind and beef together. Add Worcestershire sauce and spices. Form into patties.
- Cook in a pan or on a hot grill for 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with Whole Grain Hamburger buns, vegetable toppings, and condiments of your choice.
Nutrition (per burger patty): 130 calories, 6g total fat, 2g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 18g protein
Red, White and Blueberry Salad
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons candied or toasted walnuts
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Merlot Vinaigrette Dressing
- Lay the greens on the plate. Toss greens with dressing.
- Pile the feta and walnuts in the middle of the greens.
- Scatter the strawberries and blueberries on top.
Nutrition (per serving): 125 calories, 10g total fat, 8g carbohydrates, 1.5g fiber, 3g protein
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) JELL-O Cheesecake Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Light Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Layer half each of the cake and berries in large serving bowl; cover with pudding mixture. Top with layers of remaining cake, berries and whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
Nutrition (per 2/3 cup serving): 120 calories, 2g total fat, 23g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 2g protein