Fire breaks out after food was left cooking on stove

WISH Photo/Kevin Ratermann
WISH Photo/Kevin Ratermann

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A fire in an apartment building started after food was left cooking on a stove overnight.

Firefighters were called to the 4700 block of Round Lake Road just before midnight.That’s at the Willowbrook Lake Apartments on the city’s northeast side.

The man who lives in the apartment was able to get out safely. He told firefighters he was cooking food and fell asleep.

His apartment was the only one affected. There was a hydrant right in front of the man’s apartment, which helped firefighters put the flames out in just minutes.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s