WISH TV-Gr8 Health-Liver Detox with food
The liver is the hardest working organ in the body, but it needs your help. You already know what your furnace filter looks like right before it’s changed. It’s overwhelmed with crud and struggles mightily. The whole idea of a healthy liver is to filter your blood and contain snarky contaminants so they won’t become a health hazard.
Your liver continuously filters your blood of Pharmaceutical drug residue and snarky agrichemicals added to the food we eat and expel them via elimination.
That’s how your liver works. It’s your body’s filter that traps toxins that enter the body through digestion, skin, or breathing. The liver detoxifies the body by filtering the blood, producing bile, and breaking down toxins and waste.
If your liver is over-taxed, it can’t process toxins efficiently. There are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally by stimulating its natural ability to clean toxic waste from the body.. Those with toxic livers often suffer from acne, eczema, psoriasis, bloating, headaches, and more, from carrying around an excessive toxic burden.
Liver health is total body health. By caring for your liver naturally, you increase immune function and digestive health. Without a healthy liver, your body won’t be able to cleanse itself and absorb nutrients; a recipe for a health disaster.
Good news! Scientific research says certain plant foods help cleans your liver naturally.
• Avocados naturally protect and repair your liver. Containing glutathione, avocados can boost the ability of the liver to cleanse itself. Research has even shown that consuming one or two avocados per week for as little as 30 days can make a serious difference in the state of your liver health.
• Garlic Is a great liver cleansing foods and useful in repairing a compromised liver.
• Turmeric is responsible for flushing out known dietary carcinogens. The result is enhanced protection against liver damage, and even regeneration of affected liver cells. It is able to protect against liver cancer and even regenerate cells damaged by liver disease
• Lemon and Lime could be one of the simplest ways of improving the health of your liver. The book Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition, states the liver produces more enzymes in response to water with lemon than to any other food.
• Leafy Greens like kale, spinach, collards, have high antioxidant levels.
• Green Tea’s catechins support liver detox.
• Apples pectin supports detoxification through the bowels, it makes the liver’s job easier as it lessens its toxic burden.
• Beets and Carrots have high levels of protective carotenoids and plant-flavonoids.
• Milk thistle studies say it’s a viable treatment for liver disease, bile duct inflammation, and liver damage due to alcoholism.
Husemann / Wolff. The Anthropo¬sophical Approach to Medicine, Volume II, P.201
R. Steiner, Health and Illness, Volume II
R. Steiner, Spiritual Science and Medi¬cine, Lecture 13
Beet, Carrot, Apple Salad
1 cup each: GRATED Granny Smith apple, unpeeled carrot, and peeled beet
1 cup olive oil or grape seed oil
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbs. local honey
1/12 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup of untoasted walnut pieces for garnish
Baby Spinach as a bed for the grated veggies
• Wash, wash, wash everything; rinse and pat dry.
• Arrange the spinach on individual salad plates.
• On the bed of spinach, arrange the carrots, beets, and apple into neat individual mounds.
• To a jar with lid, add the apple cider vinegar, honey, oil, sea salt and cinnamon then shake vigorously.
• Drizzle the full flavored dressing over the grated veggies and garnish with walnut pieces.
Avocado on the Half Shell
1 avocado; stone removed. (Leave the delicious ‘meat’ in its original wrapper.)
2 tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
Sea salt and black pepper
• Take a small knife and cut the green ‘meat’ in each half into cubes.
• Mix the garlic, vinegar, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
• With a tablespoon, equally distribute the dressing into each halve.
• Serve at air temperature