Home damaged by electrical fire

Provided Photo/ IFD
Provided Photo/ IFD

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A homeowner woke up to the smell of smoke in his home on Friday evening.

Unneffer Uatchet, 71, smelled smoke and quickly evacuated his home.

Fire crews arrived at the scene shortly after 10 p.m. to the 1200 bock of West 36th Street.

Fire was coming from the basement. The fire was under control in 20 minutes.

Investigators say the fire was electrical. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus