Laurie Aker, community relations manager, Earth Fare says, “Food rules at Earth Fare make shopping easy for health conscious families.” So what are food rules? How many are you breaking?
Earth Fare is set to open another store in central Indiana. The Greenwood store will open its doors on Wednesday. To celebrate the grand opening, Laurie prepares some easy, healthy, kid-friendly dishes and explains why Earth Fare has high standards for its products.
- NO high fructose corn syrup
- NO artificial fats or artificial trans fats
- NO artificial colors
- NO artificial flavors
- NO artificial preservatives
- NO artificial sweeteners
- NO antibiotics or synthetic growth hormones in fresh meat or dairy
- NO bleached or bromated flour
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
FRUIT SALSA-1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
-1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
-3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
-1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained OR 3 slices fresh pineapple, chopped
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
-2 teaspoons honey
-Sprig of fresh mint
-10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-1/3 cup all-natural cane sugar
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
2. For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with chilled fruit salsa, enjoy!
-2 cups water
-1 cup quinoa
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-3 tomatoes, diced
-1 cucumber, diced
-2 bunches green onions, diced
-2 carrots, grated
-1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
-1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature; fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, carrots, parsley and feta crumbles. Mix ingredients together, then stir in cooled quinoa.
3. Garnish with fresh parsley, enjoy!
Grand Opening Event info:
Earth Fare Greenwood Ribbon-Cutting and Grand Opening
Wednesday, July 16 at 7:45 a.m.; store opens to the public at 8 a.m.
2110 E. County Line Rd., Greenwood