We all want to look fashionable and motivations to appear that way vary.
We believe the best way to get dressed is to maintain authenticity while appearing attractive. Attractiveness is where fit and fashion come together. “Though most of us don’t have the budget for the designer brands, that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice style, ” says Sola Adelowo AICI FLC, Founder & Certified Image Consultant ImageCube, LLC .Today she offer up tips on getting the designer look for a lower price.
Tips for shopping for a celebrity inspired outfit:
- Shop multiple stores. You’re more likely to find the pieces you need to complete an ensemble in more than one store. Check out designer discount options like Ross, Marshalls and TJ Maxx. You will have to dig a little but you could score an amazing deal!
- Invest in the essentials, but don’t spend too much on trendy items. Trends change constantly, some lasting longer than others, so why invest in something you know has a fashion expiration date? Essentials to think about: properly fitting jeans, black dress and good nude heels. To find inexpensive trendy items look in H&M, Forever 21 and Target.
Tips for shopping on a budget:
- Go to a tailor. Clothes look best if they fit the body perfectly. Pants and dresses almost always need to be tailored.
- Only buy it if you love it. If you don’t love the article of clothing in the store, you won’t wear it.
- Versatility is key. Buy clothing pieces you can wear with multiple other garments, like a top that you could easily wear with two pants and a skirt.
- Don’t ever underestimate the results of a thrift or vintage store visit.