INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department arrested a man for eight counts of felony robbery on Wednesday evening.
24-year-old Anthony Johnson was arrested after a witness flagged down IMPD officers in the 3800 block of North Keystone Avenue about a robbery in progress at the Dollar General.
Police approached the store on foot and spotted an unknown male leaving the store with items in his hands. The man started running from the scene. Police chased the man to a residence in the 3600 block of Hillside Avenue. He was apprehended without incident around 8 p.m.
The suspect was identified as Anthony Johnson of Indianapolis. In an interview with detectives Johnson confessed to six other robberies in Indianapolis, along with one in Lawrence.
Police say in all of the robberies Johnson used a knife, and during one of the robberies police say he fought with a witness. The witness was slightly injured.
Johnson was formally charged with eight counts of felony robbery.
A list of the robberies is provided below:
- EZ Pawn- 3376 West 10th Street
- Shell Oil- 6998 East 21st Street
- Village Pantry- 1624 South State Avenue
- Value Liquors- 3739 North Shadeland Avenue
- Village Pantry- 2001 East Broad Ripple Avenue
- Thornton Oil- 7020 East Pendleton Pike
- Family Dollar- 3757 East New York Street