INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Indiana State Excise Police officers arrested 18 people on 20 charges at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday night.
Police patrolled inside IMS during NASCAR Nationwide race events and at the Brickfest Music Festival concerts.
The following is a list of the charges from this weekend:
- Illegal Possession or Consumption of Alcohol – 16
- Possession of Heroin – 1
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – 1
- Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor – 1
- Possession of False Identification – 1
Police arrested Robert Penrod, 38, of Indianapolis, after an officer saw him using a rolled up dollar bill to snort heroin in the passenger seat of a truck. Penrod was jailed on preliminary charges of possession of heroin and possession of a controlled substance for prescription medications.
Speedway Police Department also arrested seven people over race weekend.
Arrest charges are listed below:
- Battery On Officer – 1
- Criminal Recklessness – 1
- Driving While Suspended Prior – 1
- Operating Vehicle While Intoxicated – 1
- Public Intoxication – 1
- Theft – 2