Dr. Clark Downey explains 100 million Americans aren’t getting dental care. Aspen Dental is going to change that one mouth at a time.
Dr. Downey provides these tips:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day to assure dental health, it really helps with dental decay. Brush your teeth and gums twice a day for at least 2 to 3 minutes. Put your timer on! And, don’t forget to floss twice a day to remove food particles and prevent plaque build-up between your teeth
- Choose the proper equipment. Use fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush that fits your mouth comfortably. Consider using an electric or battery-operated toothbrush, which can help reduce plaque and a mild form of gum disease
- Toss your toothbrush regularly! Buy a new toothbrush, or a replacement head for your electric or battery-operated toothbrush every three to four months. When your bristles are frayed they do not clean properly and bacteria can harbor in the bristles.
- Don’t delay going to the Dentist, even if you dread it!: Visit the dentist twice a year for an annual check-up and more often if you have high risk factors for periodontal disease. The good news is that you will save money in the long run with routine visits, and your visits will likely be less eventful!
- Visit the dentist even with Dentures: Visiting the dentist is not just for teeth cleaning — dentists also screen for oral cancer and help with many other issues. Preventive visits are KEY for everyone.
Call 844-234-9030 to schedule an appointment.