Crews respond to electrical fire at JW Marriott

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Fire crews were called to the downtown JW Marriott around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.

Hotel personnel reported smoke coming from a utility room on the 4th floor of the 33 story hotel.

The fire was out on arrival and fire officials say smoke in the room was caused by an electrical issue.

The floor was evacuated while crews checked for smoke and electrical damage. No injuries were reported.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus