Brenda Gay, of Greenwood, is a stay-at-home mom turned entrepreneur. She shares her salsa, Salsa Me Krazy and recipes: a breakfast breakfast bake and a salsa-inspired penne dish.
Penne Pasta with Salsa & Italian Sausage
12 oz Sweet Italian Sausage
8 oz. Penne pasta- uncooked
2 gloves garlic minced
1/3 cup diced yellow onion
10 oz. Salsa Me Krazy salsa
1/2 cup heavy cream- at room temperature
2 cups chicken broth
1. In large skillet crumble and brown Italian Sausage.
2.Add onion and garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Stir in uncooked pasta, broth, salsa and heavy cream
4. Bring to a boil, cover skillet and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until pasta is
tender, about 20 minutes.
Makes 4-5 servings
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit
1 container Grands Homestyle Biscuits ( 8 count)
16 oz. roll of sausage, crumbled and cooked
5 eggs scrambled
8 oz. shredded cheese ( cheddar or colby jack)
3/4 cup Salsa Me Krazy salsa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Slice each biscuit in half so that you end up with 16 round biscuits. Lay each
biscuit onto a non-stick baking pan.
2. Put 1 full teaspoon of Salsa onto each biscuit and spread out evenly.
3. Top each biscuit with desired amount of cooked sausage, scrambled eggs and
4. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuit is baked
Makes 16 biscuits