Eating healthy begins with learning new ways to eat, such as adding more fresh fruits, vegetables, and cutting back on foods that have a lot of fat, salt, sugar and crazy chemicals never meant to enter the human body.
Here is an easy-peasy ‘RAW’ summer salad guaranteed to satisfy. This fibrous summer salad is chock full of wholesome nutrition ready to feed your cells the heavenly building blocks of optimum health and happiness.
*Black beans, the king of beans, contribute to heart health, cancer prevention, blood sugar regulation and contain protein & “bell-ringing” fiber.
People, who make the choice to regularly eat healthier foods, notice they feel lighter, their skin begins to glow, and they lose weight, become mentally sharper, more at peace, and have boundless energy.
Raw kernels cut from 4 ears Hoosier corn
3/4 cup minced green onions-Anti-cancer
2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cut into dice-Vitamin C and lycopene
1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup Braggs’ Apple Cider Vinegar-Reduces acidity and is anti-inflammatory
2 tbsp. minced chipotle chilies in adobe sauce-Capsicum
1 tsp. ground cumin
5 tsp. olive oil-The good fat
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 tbsp. minced fresh oregano
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed*
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice-Vitamin C
3 (firm but ripe) avocados
Fresh cilantro for garnish
• Combine corn, scallions, tomato, green onions, and bell pepper in a large bowl
• Cut pitted avocados in half. Using a large spoon, scoop out the luscious green meat, keeping the halves intact.
• Cut each half into 3 slices and brush with the lemon juice mixture.
• Put the cider vinegar, chilies, cumin, lime juice, chipotle, olive oil, oregano leaves, green onions, and pepper in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
• Pour over the colorful mixture.
• Add the beans and stir gently so the beans don’t get mushy
• Season with Himalayan salt to taste if desired
• Cover and refrigerate till ready to serve. The dish is more bold flavorful at air temperature.
• To serve, divide the mixture among six plates lined with torn kale leaves, and top each serving with avocado slices.
• Garnish with cilantro and serve at room temperature.