Judge denies stay in right-to-work law case

(WISH Photo)
(WISH Photo)

MUNSTER, Ind. (AP) — A northwest Indiana judge has rejected a request by the Indiana attorney general’s office that he put on hold his order striking down the state’s right-to-work law until the state Supreme Court rules on a similar case.

The Times of Munster reports Lake County Judge George Paras’ order was posted on the court docket Wednesday after being issued last week.

Attorney General’s Office spokesman Bryan Corbin told The Associated Press that it hasn’t received the order but that it plans to file a new motion for a stay with the Indiana Supreme Court. Corbin says to avoid inconsistency, the trial court should wait for the Supreme Court to rule.

Paras determined the law violates the state constitution by forcing unions to provide services to workers without payment.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus