DELAWARE COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) — Officials in Delaware County say a number of roads have been closed because of high water.
Shortly before 10 a.m., the county’s airport reported 4.87″ of rainfall over the past 24 hours.
The following roadways were deemed impassable and have been barricaded:
- Intersection of Liberty & 2nd Street in Muncie
- Madison Street, between Kirby and Charles, in Muncie
- Delawanda, between 14th & 16th, in Muncie
- Walnut Street, between 15th & 18th, in Muncie
- Black Cemetery Road north of Eaton Albany Pike, in Albany
- Eaton Albany Pike west of CR 350 E
- SR 3 is closed from SR 28 in Delaware County to SR 26 in Grant County due to localized flooding.
Motorists should avoid flooded areas and seek alternative routes.