Notre Dame to hold out 5th player in investigation

Notre Dame Golson Football

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Notre Dame says it will hold out a fifth player from competition as it investigates possible academic dishonesty and NCAA violations.

Notre Dame did not identify the latest player being held out.

Earlier this month it was announced that cornerback KeiVarae Russell, receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive end Ishaq Williams and linebacker Kendall Moore were being withheld from practices and games until an investigation into whether class assignments they turned in were completed by others was completed.

The school’s statement Thursday says “As Notre Dame’s internal investigation relating to potential NCAA violations reaches its conclusion, a decision has been made to hold a fifth football player out from practice and competition. As with all cases of suspected academic dishonesty, the matter will now be subject to the University’s honor code process.”

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus