Grease fire damages home on city’s north east side

(Provided Photo/IFD)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Indianapolis Fire Department was dispatched to a residence fire on Wednesday night.

IFD responded to the home in the 6400 block of East 52nd Street at 8:37 p.m.

According to IFD the fire started in the kitchen when the homeowner was frying okra in a frying pan with grease. The grease popped causing a fire to spark.

The homeowner attempted to put the fire out with flour and a garden hose, but the fire spread quickly.

When firefighters arrived to the scene a second resident was attempting to put the fire out and disregarded firefighter’s commands to leave the residence.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department was called to scene to remove the man from the home. After he was out of the home he regained composer and no other action was needed.

Firefighters had the fire under control by 9:02 p.m. An estimated $40,000 in damages was reported.

(Provided Photo/IFD)
(Provided Photo/IFD) provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s