Husband and wife die of poisoning, one week apart

(File Photo)

WORTHINGTON, Ind. (AP) — A southern Indiana woman has died of carbon monoxide poisoning a week after her husband died of the same cause.

The Herald-Times reports 73-year-old Peggy Davis died Friday at her home, about 30 miles west of Bloomington, a day after she had been taken home after being hospitalized at IU Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Her 77-year-old husband, John Wilber Davis Sr., died on Oct. 10.

Authorities say both died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak in the furnace at their farmhouse. Their son discovered them in their farmhouse on Oct. 10.

The couple had been married 53 years and had four children and 13 grandchildren.

A graveside worship service will be held at Worthington Cemetery 10 a.m. Sunday.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s