Jury convicts Indiana man of molesting 3 girls

(WISH Photo, file)

PRINCETON, Ind. (AP) — A southern Indiana judge has set a late November sentencing for a 31-year-old man convicted last week of molesting three young girls.

A Gibson County judge scheduled Ryan Nieves’ sentencing on nine counts of child molestation for Nov. 20. Jurors who heard two days of evidence needed just one hour to convict the Patoka man Thursday in the molestations.

The Princeton Daily Clarion reports the girls, ages 4, 6 and 7, testified about the molestations that police said occurred between Sept. 1 and Dec. 18, 2013.

Police began investigating the case in December and Nieves was arrested in March.

Investigators said in an affidavit seeking the charges that Nieves’ Facebook page had a December 2013 post that blamed the offenses on a social and personality disorder.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s