JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) 18 people, including a teenager are behind bars and facing charges after a drug raid.
Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox said the raid involved ten police departments, including Indiana State Police. He said people living in Johnson county can rest a little easier knowing these people are off the streets.
“We set out to arrest 22 this morning and getting 18 is a good number,” Sheriff Cox said.
Undercover drug officers took the 18 people in to custody Tuesday morning. Each one, picked up in various locations throughout Marion, Johnson and Bartholomew Counties. Their arrests were part of a six-month investigation involving heroin and meth.
“This is an investigation where the narcotics investigators were able to obtain informants who led them to a lot of these drug dealers,” said Sheriff Cox.
And Sheriff Cox said the majority of the drug dealing was happening in Edinburgh.
“I’m glad to see them doing something,” said Duane Terry of Edinburgh.
Terry owns Cliffs Bar in downtown Edinburgh. He said people can live in peace knowing some of the drug dealers are off the streets.
“I tell you what, it makes me feel safer. As a business owner, you see these people come, you can tell they are on drugs and you don’t what what they are going to do,” Terry said.
“Sometimes people need to get busted so they can changed their life,” said Amy Poindexter of Edinburgh.
Poindexter said she knows some of the people arrested and their life. She said she’s a recovering drug addict now eight years sober. She said getting free was hard work.
“It’s not just you that suffers, it’s your family, your kids and some of these people have kids,” she said.
Sheriff Cox said he knows more dealers are out there and he’s sending out a warning that police won’t stop looking for them.
“You never know when you are selling to an undercover police officer, so if you want to take that risk and throw quite a few years of your life; go ahead,” Sheriff Cox said.
Sheriff Cox said they’re still looking for four people. That includes another juvenile.
Below is a list provided by the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department of those arrested and their charge(s):
- Leslie Stoddard: Dealing Methamphetamine
- Robert Sullivan: 2 counts of Dealing Methamphetamine
- Martin Emerson: 2 counts of Dealing methamphetamine
- Jessie Murphy: 1 count of Dealing Heroin
- Michelle Ahaus: 2 counts Dealing Heroin
- Rex Locke Jr.: 2 counts Conspiracy to Deal Heroin
- Sandra Bowers: 2 counts of Dealing Methamphetamine
- Dennis Jones: 3 counts of Dealing Methamphetamine and 1 count of Dealing Heroin
- Mickey Harper: 1 count of Dealing in Methamphetamine
- Steven Murphy: 1 count Dealing in a Look-Alike Substance
- Nathan Peterson: 1 count of Dealing Heroin
- Timothy Setser: 1 count Dealing a Controlled Substance
- Anthony Plymate: 2 counts Dealing in Methamphetamine
- Rebecca Bradford: 1 Count of Dealing Methamphetamine
- David Ben Glover: 2 counts of Dealing in Methamphetamine
- Hayley Kerrighen: 1 count of Dealing a Controlled Substance
- Lainie Marie Myers: 2 counts of Dealing Methamphetamine
- A juvenile female was also taken to the juvenile detention center for Dealing Heroin