ReMax Centerstone takes a look at how home staging and decorating during the holidays
can make the difference when you are selling your home.
A recent Realtor.com surveys shows:
- 80% say sellers should light the fireplace before a showing
- 62% say to update the outdoor lighting, since in the winter a buyer is more likely to see a home at night
- 54% of those surveyed advise sellers to set the table to showcase your home’s holiday
entertaining benefits & half tell sellers to play seasonal music
It may not be a bad time to keep the home on the market.
- 79% of those surveyed think the buyers looking at this time of year are more serious
- 61% said that less competition among properties is a benefit of selling at this time
- 82% said that online listing photos are more important for homes listed during the holidays
- 74% said pricing the home to sell is more critical than during other times of the year
- 40% said home staging matters more for homes listed in December