American Senior Communities has winter safety tips for families with loved ones with memory loss.
If you are caring for a loved one with memory loss, you may be facing some of these concerns:
• Wandering in the cold
• Forgetting to set thermostat
• Leaving stove turned on
• Not eating enough
• Dangers of space heaters
Options are available to help with these. American Senior Communities specializes in caring for people with memory challenges. Auguste’s Cottage is a specialized center to care for people with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory care challenges by bringing a social approach and a home-like setting to traditional long-term care. Auguste’s Cottage provides distinct programs designed to fit the needs of its residents through various levels of their Alzheimer’s or dementia journey, allowing us to provide the best care possible for our residents’ specific needs.
Unique Aspects of Auguste’s Cottage
•Daily living programs that offers structured and predictability, helping residents to feel
secure and certain.
• Secure environment helps residents to walk freely within the center and outside in a secure
• Visual prompts throughout the center help residents navigate.
• Artwork from earlier times provide residents with many opportunities to reminisce.
• Compassionate, caring staff are specially trained in the care of residents with memory
If you are facing challenges or have concerns this winter, Winter Respite Care is Available! Stays may be as short or extended as needed.
Contact American Senior Communities to find the help you need for your loved ones. www.ascseniorcare.com