1 hospitalized, 1 dead after Lebanon apartment fire

(WISH Photo/Drew Blair)

LEBANON, Ind. (WISH) – Lebanon Fire Chief said one person was hospitalized and a second was pronounced dead overnight after a fire in Lebanon.

Chuck Batts Lebanon Fire Chief said the fire broke out in an apartment off of State Road 39 on Roeslawn Drive around 2 a.m.

When firefighters arrived residents had to be rescued through a second story window.

Kenneth Jeffery Myers was located in the apartment. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Myers wife, April Myers, was taken to Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital. Her condition was not immediately known.

The cause of the fire was due to electrical failure in the baseboard heat.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office will assist with the investigation.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s