Home Depot help you save time spring cleaning this year with easy tips and foolproof strategies for quickly making your home sparkle. Give guests the impression of a clean home with tips to get it done faster. This year, it’s about cleaning smarter, not harder. The Home Depot has everything you need to get your home clean inside and out in as little time as possible.
STEP one Spruce in minutes Give the impression you cleaned all day with tips to get it done faster.
Tidy up around the house
• Products made for a quick clean cut time and effort spent cleaning, from spray mops and magic erasers to wipes and degreasers.
• Glistening floors make a room feel clean. Before guests arrive, give your floor a wipe down with Swiffer WetJet or Swiffer Sweeper. Focus on the rooms where guests will spend the most time, like the kitchen, entryway and bathroom. Vacuum the same spot on carpet in high-use areas at least seven times to remove all the ground-in dirt.
• Use HDX Microfiber Cloths to quickly clean blinds. Start from the top of the room and be sure to vacuum the floor underneath when you’re finished to catch any dust that falls.
• Quickly add shine to faucets and fixtures, clean baseboards, doors and light switch covers with the HDX Magic Eraser.
• Wipe down the stovetop and counters with HDX Disinfecting Wipes to help get these surfaces clean. Cut grease with ZEP All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser.
• Put everything in the dishwasher before guests arrive, and don’t waste time pre-rinsing with dish detergents that pre-treat, rinse and make your dishes shine like Finish or Cascade.
STEP TWO Remove grime Learn the best ways to wipe under appliances and remove carpet stains.
Make the kitchen shine
• Remember to clean often overlooked refrigerator coils by using an appliance brush like the GE Universal Appliance Brush to loosen dirt and dust and vacuum up anything that drops.
• There are wipes for almost any cleaning job, including wipes to remove tough carpet stains. ZEP Instant Spot Remover Wipes loosen and remove oil, food, pet stains, grease, tar and more.
• Tackle tough messes and get rid of grease and grime with Scrubbing Bubbles Kitchen Degreaser and Clorox Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes. The towel-like wipes make it easier to clean with grease-cutting technology.
STEP THREE Store it away De-clutter and organize your home with easy-to-use storage solutions.
Bins and more
• Rubbermaid Storage Bins and Totes help maximize storage space while still allowing access to items without unstacking bins. For garage storage, GSC Milk Crates are perfect for heavy tools and cleaning products.
• Keep small items organized like jewelry, craft supplies or nails with the Husky Compartment Small Parts Bin Organizer or Husky Tool Wall. If everything has a place, it’s easier to keep them organized.
• Help children store and organize their toys and reduce clutter in the playroom with toy organizers like the HDX Kids Bin Organizer.
• Use drawer organizers to create order with your toiletries in the vanity, miscellaneous items in the junk drawer and even help organize spices if there’s no room for a spice cabinet in the kitchen.
• Consider installing a shelving unit in your garage or pantry for better access to items you use regularly. Shelving units add space and make it easier to organize clutter.
• HDX Storage Shelving Units can hold anything from tools to food to kitchen equipment and the variety of sizes ensures they will fit in almost any space.
STEP FOUR Treat hard-to-clean surfaces Apply products with treatments that work hard long after application and continue to protect surfaces like shower doors and appliances.
Finish up indoors
• With one application, EnduroShield cuts your shower cleaning time by up to 90 percent. It creates an easy-clean surface that repels hard water, soap scum and grime for up to three years. Once treated, the surface requires minimal cleaning with a microfiber cloth and mild detergent.
• Unsightly soap scum can make a clean bathroom look dirty. Simply spray and rinse Rejuvenate Soap Scum Remover on glass, tile, stone and more. The formula removes tough scum on contact and leaves behind a streak-free finish. No scrubbing required.
• Remove dirt and grime from appliances and repel fingerprints and grime for at least three years with EnduroShield’s stainless steel treatment kit. After treating appliances, it’s easy to maintain the shine with a quick wipe down using a microfiber cloth and mild detergent.
Revive your outdoor space
• Get the grill clean and ready to fire up for the first cookout with a heavy-duty degreaser. Simply spray and wipe ZEP Heavy Duty Grill Cleaner to wipe away winter and use throughout the season. To clean grill grease off the deck, try Scrubbing Bubbles Outdoor Degreaser.
For more information visit your local Home Depot or their website at www.homedepot.com
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY HOME DEPOT