LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Police are urging parents of children who attended a Lafayette Easter egg hunt to check the eggs for moth balls after one was found.
Lafayette police say a parent checking her child’s candy reported finding the moth ball after the hunt Saturday at the Lafayette campus of Ivy Tech Community College.
Moth balls are dangerous to children. If a child has been exposed to or ingested moth balls, parents or guardians should call 911 or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.