INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Hop to it, Hoosiers — it’s National Beer Day.
Beer lovers near and far have celebrated the day for years with a pint of their favorite brew. It dates back to April 7, 1933 when President Franklin Roosevelt signed a law that allowed people to brew and sell beer in the U.S., marking the first step toward ending Prohibition.
Excitement of the day was certainly brewing Tuesday morning on social media, as thousands used the hashtag #NationalBeerDay, along with their messages.
As Indianapolis natives know, there’s no shortage of breweries in the area. Below is a list of specials being offered at local breweries for National Beer Day. Cheers!
- $4 16-oz imperial pints
- Tapping a new beer today
- Online giveaway — gift certificate or 2 tickets to Bloomington Brew Fest
- Re-releasing the Double Tribute and Double Pale Ale today
- $2.50 pints of the Alabaster brew
- Growler special — $6.99 to fill
- $2 off their IPA — $3.25 per pint
- $4 pints
- $8 and $10 growler fill, depending on brew
- $2 pints of their Vienna Gold brew
- Ginger Bread Brown on special — $8 growler, $5 half growler, $3 pint, $1.75 half pint
- Nutty Professor Peanut Butter Brown Ale on special — $8 growler, $5 half growler, $3 pint, $1.75 half pint