Westield family credits their German Shepard after house fire

(WISH Photo, file/Marcus Collins)

WESTFIELD, Ind. (WISH) – Officials with the Westfield Fire Department say a family is crediting their German Shepard, Zeus, for saving them when their home caught fire.

The fire happened Sunday night in the 400-block of Sonhatsett Drive.

Fire crews say fire broke out after a gas grill was left on in the backyard.

The family, who was sleeping when the fire started, says their dog woke them up and they all made it out of the home safely.

The fire caused $70,000 in damage.

 

 

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s