IFD: Northeast side fire likely sparked by fireworks

(Provided Photo/Indianapolis Fire Department)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indianapolis firefighters say kids playing with fireworks may be to blame for an early morning fire on the northeast side of Indianapolis Thursday.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 5100 block of Mark Lane around 2:30 a.m. This is near East 56th Street and Shadeland Avenue.

According to officials, the fire was at a vacant home. It took firefighters 20 minutes to bring the fire under control, which caused $80,000 in damages and left one firefighter slightly hurt.

Neighbors say kids were playing with fireworks near home earlier in the day.

 

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s