INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indiana Department of Transportation wants to help travelers during the Fourth of July weekend and will be posting travel time signs to seven permanent message signs throughout the state.
The following locations are:
- I-80/94 Borman Expressway eastbound at mile marker 12 in Gary, Ind.
- I-70 eastbound at mile marker 92 in Indianapolis, Ind.
- I-70 westbound at mile marker 68 in Plainfield, Ind.
- I-65 northbound at mile marker 2 in Clarksville, Ind.
- I-65 southbound at mile marker 104 in Indianapolis, Ind.
- I-65 northbound at mile marker 131 in Boone County
- I-65 southbound at mile marker 256 in Lake County
The time estimates that will be displayed for motorists will be based on road information from sensors and algorithms.
For more information on how to plan holiday travel in Indiana, click here.