INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The winner of this year’s Farmer Signature Food of the Indiana State Fair was announced on Friday.
The Smoked Pig Patty from the Indiana Pork Association was crowned the victor – beating out five other contenders.
The six competed in the “Field of Farm” themed competition the winner was selected after online voters viewed photos and read through the judges’ comments.
The sandwich, created by the Indiana Pork Association, gives a Hoosier favorite a new smoked twist. The sandwich includes a quarter pound of ground pork patty topped with Shoup’s Country Foods BBQ sauce and dill pickle chips from Scheckler’s Indiana.
A list of the other entries are listed below:
- Maple Walnut Waffle Sundae from Baskin Robbins. The sundae is topped with maple syrup from Indiana, walnuts, waffle with grains from Indiana. The ice cream is made from dairy in Indiana with vanilla and mixed with pralines and cream, butter pecan or black walnut.
- Deep Fried Sweet Corn from Barto’s Concessions – The corn is deep fried and Indiana home grown. It is available plain or with a Mexi-garlic lime butter.
- The “Gobble Gobble” from Gobble Gobble Food Trucks features Turkey Manhattan with sweet Indiana corn drizzled on top.
- S’Mores flavored Milkshake & Muenster Grilled Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin Bread from American Dairy Association of Indiana features Muenster cheese from Guggisberg Cheese in Middlebury, Ind. The cheese will be the featured cheese this year at the Dairy Bar.
- Deep Fried Apple Pie Bites from Urick Concessions has fresh green apple slices dipped in cinnamon sugar and funnel cake batter, deep fried on a stick and served with soft-serve vanilla ice cream.